Monday, August 18, 2014

And, Love. (Not a reprise.)


To those who haven't read And, Love; here's a link! 
And, Love.
(I promise, this is just as nice as that one. xD )


When you love someone so completely, that you overlook their every fault, lose your inhibitions and just give in; tell me, is there nothing holding you back?
Have you been in love with the way they smile? The way they look at something?
The way the world just seems a pretty place when they're there?

When they give in to you, they say it's the best feeling in the world, and that there's nothing that can ever go wrong again.
You can't know where your thought ends and theirs begins, their ideas are yours and your emotions, theirs, they say.
"We fit like a jigsaw.. so marvelously perfect!" , she said.
"He's so perfect.. so fucking perfect!", she said. 
She said she loved him.. and then she said she feared him. The absolute power he had over her - the way she knew he could break her if he wanted, by just drifting away. 
She started fearing his absence.
"I live life with love.", she said.
"I live life with love and fear.", she said.
"I live life with fear and love..", she said.

There'll be days you'll hurt for no reason, I said.
Don't give in, I said.
They'll leave, no matter what, because they can't be owned. If they were yours, you wouldn't have wanted them.

The way she looked at him was reason enough to believe she loved it. She fell in love with love. It gave her a high, she said.
"He's life itself.", she said.
Your life, yes. 
And then, after they drift away, you realize they were never yours to begin with. Couldn't be yours. They were bewitched by their life's goals.. Their life was something else, and they could never live with you.
They aren't yours. They weren't yours. Not your life. Not yours. Ever.
You live. You love, and then you fear absence. You fear replacement. You fear your dispensability, and then you live again.


A/N: Well, for starters, parts of the above piece were fiction. Not entirely, but which part, I'll leave you to figure out.
Written for a friend I grew to love, despite her absolute doormat-ness. (kidding, please.)
And yeah. I've not changed my stance on love, have I?
Oh God. *rolls eyes*

18 comments:

  1. The best ever seen depiction of the portrayal of anguish that surrounds the feelings of being loved and the fear of betrayal

    ReplyDelete
  2. this one...so well connects with my life! there is a paradox in every situation then should i follow my love or should i follow my fear ? not an easy decision because they are interconnected and inseparable in my life. while reading this at certain places i felt like reading myself . Great work! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Follow fear, my friend. And at the end of the road, you'll learn to love yourself.
      We will all, one day amass enough courage to keep pulling through shit. :)
      And thank you! ^_^

      Delete
    2. At present i'm only following fear but i'm losing myself in the process. Yet that is the most recommended option! yeah..all i need now is courage to follow my fear and let go love, i know the future repercussions of following my love but i'm unable to analyse the same for following fear, may be because i don't want to think about it.

      Delete
    3. I highly recommend messaging me on Facebook, if you know me..
      Anyway, if it helps, think about it like this: In a few years, NOTHING will matter. Not this post, not this state of mind.. nothing.

      Delete
    4. I know you :) but i prefer to be unknown to you. No specific reason.
      And I hope that is true..but difficult to think like that. Few things do matter girl. They might not be present everyday in our everyday life but do get highlighted sometimes. We may learn to live without them but we may not forget them. Personality changes, character doesn't. No matter how many new things come up in one's life and how busy one is, at one point everyone will retreat to who one really is.

      Delete
    5. And yeah if you haven't heard "November Rain" of Guns and roses, do listen to it :) One of the most beautiful songs written. I feel that song was sung for someone JUST like me! *sigh*

      Delete
    6. And your blog had hangman right?

      Delete
    7. Haha, yeah. Anonymity gives us a high ;)
      "Give a man a mask, and he'll tell you the truth." xD

      All I'm saying, is that you don't have to lose yourself in the process of earning the love of another person.
      We may not forget them, yes. You will remember. But not with bitterness. When you truly let go, nothing matters. And yes, I agree. No matter what, everyone will retreat to who they really are. Be it in the middle of a lonely night, or suddenly between a group of friends.. But see, the catch is: It isn't a bad thing. One can see how much they've changed - for good, or for bad. That helps. I think.
      Dude, I'm a cynic. And I'm trying to be positive.. and OH GOD, it's hard.
      I wonder how little miss sunshines manage it.. -.-

      I've heard November Rain. :) I do like it. But I'm more of a Feel Again, Counting Stars (OneRepublic) kinda person..
      (And Easier to Run, Linkin Park)

      Yeah, my blog did have a hangman widget.. I never realized someone actually ever played it. It was more for my benefit anyway. Lol.
      P.S; publicize my blog, if you're influential on FB :P (I'm tired of writing for myself.. I'm actually considering un-publishing my blog..)

      Delete
  3. yeah! truth! Need so much courage for that! anyway i'm only hiding my identity that's it :)
    You are a Cynic and i'm a pure pessimist :P only when it comes to me only! I do motivate others :P
    One can see how much they changed..for good or bad..still it depends if it was worth changing. ( the concept of opportunity cost ;) )
    I don't like Easier to run much :P I prefer Numb or In the End..(you can see my pessimism there ;) ) but i'm a very positive person also .. totally depends on the situation.
    And yes i played hangman! Err.. Publicizing..il surely try..you see...where do you find people interested in reading unknown blogs? one in thousand? yeah! actually you can do this. Ask everyone not to see your blog. and you will see the Indian mentality there :P

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hahah! I hear ya! xD
      Numb is awesome. In The End was one of the first LP songs I listened to..
      Yeah! I know what you mean.. Positivity does depend on the situation! :D

      Haha, I'll put the widget back for you, then..
      Lol@Indian mentality. People won't read. :P They'll open the tab, see text and close it immediately xD

      Delete
  4. BTW did u experience anything like this or was there anybody in your mind while writing this? Don't tell me this was pure observation ! ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've never had the privilege to experience heart-break. Yet. :)
      There was someone in my mind, yes. Someone I don't know. This was just an exaggerated piece on what a friend of mine once told me.. I never knew the guy, so.. there was a fictional character I was thinking of, while writing it.
      Pure observation and fiction. ;)

      Delete
    2. oh c'mon! you liar! If you were thinking of a fictional character, i don't think it would be so realistic ;) anyway great job :D

      Delete
    3. Lol, really. There's no one. :D
      You saying it's realistic.. That's the best compliment, ever.. ;)
      Thanks :D

      Delete
    4. your welcome :) and its realistic for a specific reality ;)

      Delete
    5. :D
      New posts are up. They're not much.. but.. yea.

      Delete